Friday, March 3, 2017

"Motivi iz okolice" sketches, process part 1

Here you can see the process of my new series: „Motifs des environs zagrebois", in which I spent 4 months walking through the surrounding area of Zagreb, sketching on location and finishing the sketches in my studio.  The main source of inspiration were the legendary drawings from the book "Podravski motivi" by the croatian artist Krsto Hegedušić. 

So here are the sketches I picked them out randomly but chronologically...

1. step: A3 sketchbook drawings with pen on location







2.step -  Figuring out the style - First I wanted them to be just black and white drawings on old paper, but I figured it would be much more of a challenge to try to do them in color. I didn't want them to look to much like Hegedušić's drawings, also I wanted them to look a bit more "psychedelic"...







3. step : Then I just said what the hell and started to do tons of small format (8x10cm) sketches, from which I would chose about 30 to be made into 25x35 finished illustrations...


















No comments:

Post a Comment